About Southend Round Table
Round Table is all about having fun with a group of friends while at the same time trying to help the local community.
Round Table started with just one man’s idea. Louis Marchesi was a member of Rotary in Norwich but had the brainwave of starting a new organisation for young men between the ages of 18-45. Round Table was born with the motto ‘Adopt, Adapt, Improve’ and from small beginnings of one club in Norwich, Louis’ dream has become a reality, with over 1,000 clubs and 13,000 members.
Round Tables operate individually but with a common cause, and together they form The National Association of Round Tables of Great Britain and Ireland. But that’s not all.. Round Table exists throughout the world and has links with like-minded clubs internationally.
Southend on Sea is no different and we have been having fun and giving back since 1936 and have played a big part across the town.
If you want to start having some fun whilst helping the community then gives us a call!
What does Southend Round Table do in our community?
Southend Round Table are a group of young men who help the local community by:
- arranging and creating local events that bring people together, make people smile and raise money - the Big Beach Bang and the Colourthon are our big ones
- receiving requests to support local causes that we pass the money we raise and passing that money on - 100% of the money raised goes to causes. You can see some of the organisations who have received our help on our fundraising page
- supporting local organisations by offering advice, manpower or other resources to help them deliver support to their communities or causes - see some examples on our how we help page
- helping young men develop skills to support their lives - these are mostly confidence building soft skills of negotiating, dealing with the public, public speaking and leadership, as well as hard skills like event management, event safety, risk management, finance management and meeting management
- helping young men to build connections or networks in Southend, Essex, around the UK and the world as well as giving them the chance to experience new things or cultures